It's a hit or miss proposition to use reloading manuals or manufacturers' claims to determine the velocity of a load in your gun, for the simple reason that the measurements were taken using their gun. Why should you care how fast your loads are going? Because knowing the velocity of your loads in your gun will allow you to refine them for the best possible accuracy at distance, remove the guesswork from holdover and insure optimum bullet performance on game.
If you're a reloader who enjoys refining his loads to perfection, a PACT Chronograph will provide you with a tremendous insight into the inner workings of your cartridge. How? Because the velocity of a given round is the byproduct of the average pressure of that round. There is no free lunch. Velocity reflects pressure. Compare the actual velocity of a particular charge to the predicted velocity.
This will help you determine if you're getting adequate ignition or if you're moving into the danger zone on pressure even though you're still below the "max." load. Taking note of the average variations in shot to shot velocity will alert you to subtle problem areas of a load and help you eliminate the variables. This insight is the difference between a load that goes "bang" and one that really performs.
The software in all PACT Chronographs was written with this analysis in mind. Our mission is to help you produce the finest possible ammunition and hit your target.
"Thank you for the Next Day Air shipment on the PACT. Your Chronograph produced loading data that was used at 1990 Camp Perry. It was those loads that won the Tompkins Trophy, Leech Cup and Centenary Trophy." -M.R.M., Philpot, KY
• New Glint Guard 2TM bullet detection system offers even greater accuracy and sensitivity in the widest range of light conditions.
• Screen mounting system for faster setup exactly indexes the bullet detectors to the correct separation for maximum accuracy.
• Massive bullet library includes the Ballistic Coefficient of every bullet from every major (and most minor) bullet manufacturers.
• New PC interface lets you download your ballistic data to your computer and upload new bullets from your computer to your PACT chronograph.
• Built in alpha-numeric printer provides you with a complete and legible permanent record of your bullet and ballistic data at no extra charge.
• Complete statistical analysis of your velocity data allows you to tune your loads to perfection. Average Velocity, Standard Deviation, Average Deviation and Extreme Spread are all available at the touch of a button in real time- without having to interrupt your shot string. These numbers are also presented at a percentage of the average velocity so you can be sure you are comparing “apples to apples” when you compare loads for consistency.
• Built in full-function ballistic computer uses your actual chronograph and bullet data to optimize your zero at the range. Corrects for windage, elevation, and temperature.
• Tells you where to set your point of impact at 100 yards, for any down range zero (dead on at 300 yards for example) or where to set your point of impact at 100 yards to achieve Maximum Point Blank Range for your bullet load combination.
• Calculates the free recoil of any gun/load combination.
• Calculates the actual Ballistic Coefficient for any bullet.
• Calculates the Kinetic Energy, Momentum, Taylor Knockdown and IPSC Power Factor of any load.
The PACT Professional Chronograph, like all our products is Made In America, backed by our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty. We take full responsibility for your satisfaction.